It’s my sixteenth day of quarantine because of coronavirus spreading throughout Italy. Working in the digital industry, I’m lucky enough to be able to work from home, so I’m actually busy most of the day. I’ll put out there one thing most of the people around me don’t know: I was thinking about quitting my job by the end of April, after months and months of biting the bullet. I truly love my job and this industry, but I can’t say the same for the environment I am in. Guess I am stuck?
Aside from those negative feelings, life is good. I’m a homebody anyway, with a life-long list in my hand of things I want to get done. Here are the main ones:
- Blogging more. 7 years in and my love for it it’s still going strong.
- Take some online courses from Ivy League Schools (Harvard and Yale are amongst them).
- Dedicate entire afternoons to reading with my phone switched off. I want to read all Haruki Murakami‘s books, although “Tokyo Blues” and “Killing Commendatore” are two hard ones to beat!
- Trying to get back into modern calligraphy. The issue here is that I got “Nib + Ink: The New Art of Modern Calligraphy” by Chiara Perano years ago but it would be useful to find some video-tutorial now to begin again with.
- Finalise my SMM portfolio and a brand new media kit for this blog.
- Take advantage of my Netflix subscription.
- Reflect, savour these precious moments where nobody can’t go anywhere (= no FOMO) to unwind and try to come up with a sort of plan for my future to make my mind feel better.
Up to now, there is no boredom on the horizon. Last weekend I’ve worked hard to improve some technical aspects of this website and I’m looking for two hours of SEO consultation with an expert in this field tomorrow. Never stop learning!
I also did a bit of spring cleaning (as you can tell from the cleaning product in the picture above) and enjoyed the sunshine.
How about you guys?