Around three years ago, I was introduced to La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ by the YouTuber Alex Centomo. She recommended it for daily use because it didn’t feel heavy or oily, which used to be the main issue I faced with sunscreens.
Why you need to wear SPF even in Winter
Using SPF in your daily routine is the best way to stay safe from serious health risks, such as skin cancer, and to prevent wrinkles.
I’ve always been careful during the Summer months but I am myself guilty of not having used sunscreens in Winter for many years, which wasn’t a smart step. Since 2020, I started paying more attention to this topic by applying SPF every single day and checking my moles regularly: if they change in size, shape, or color, it could mean trouble!
La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ Formula
Why I love its formula so much
The secret behind Anthelios SPF 50+ lies in its non-greasy formula, which doesn’t feel heavy, sticky or uncomfortable. Before discovering this magical product, I used to get spots and clogged pores whenever I applied sunscreen.
La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ formula offers additional benefits:
- it doesn’t leave any white marks or move around during the day
- it’s a non-eye-stinging formula
- it doesn’t have any fragrance
- it’s ultra water, sweat and sand resistant
Is it suitable for anyone?
The brand conducts numerous clinical studies and tests, particularly focusing on sensitive skin, the eye area, individuals who wear contact lenses, and those with allergies.
The result? Luckily, it’s hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types!
What are its active ingredients?
This comfortable and invisible fluid is actually very powerful, thanks to two active ingredients.
- Mexoryl 400 that you can imagine as your special UV bodyguard, designed to shield you from ultra long UVA rays.
- Netlock technology that you can think of as a super team of tiny drops working together to create a strong shield. These little drops join forces to make sure the protection is even and stays put.
It costs around 20-25€.
In my opinion, La Roche Posay Anthelios’ lightweight, non-greasy and resistant formula makes it a year-round essential. Unfortunately, I’m not going to purchase again the Origins Ginzing Cream, indeed because it doesn’t give me the protection that my skin needs!