Today I am explaining you how to do winged eyeliner for beginners.
The best way to master the art of winged eyeliner is to practise every day. Practising is key to excellent results, but luckily there is one big trick that can help beginners: using tape.
How do you do winged eyeliner with tape?
Let’s see step by step how to do winged eyeliner for beginners using tape as a stencil.
Choose a good easy-to-use eyeliner
Leave behind eyeliner in pots. You need a liquid eyeliner with a hard and slim tip. My favourite two are:
Use tape as a stencil
- After pulling your eye a bit, take a piece of tape
- Press the tape on the back of your hand 2\3 times in order to dull some of its adhesive power
- Place the tape underneath your bottom lashes, from the outer corner towards the end of your temple.
- Draw a line along the tape past the outer corner
- Finish the line by going back to the middle of your eye and fix the overall line.
And you’ve done winged eyeliner.
Try to keep your hand steady! A little tip for beginners is: rest your elbow on a hard surface to steady your hand.
Prepare a good makeup remover and a cotton swab
Prepare a good makeup remover and a few cotton swab, in case anything goes wrong.
Now go and get that cat eyes look!